Every time English is more important in our lives and there are many jobs that are achieved thanks to the domination or not of this universal language. In a How we give you the keys that will help you to do a good job interview in English and have more options to get the job. It’s good to know some things you should or should not do in an interview in English, such as never apologize for your level and language skills. However “regular” your level is, be sure of yourself and do not hesitate. And if you do not understand something that you have been asked, do not be afraid to ask me to repeat the question to you. If you want to know more about how to prepare for a job interview in English continue reading our article.
Frequently Asked Questions in an English Interview
As with any job interview, there are some questions that will surely be asked during the interview in English, yes or no. It is important that you prepare the typical questions and know how to answer them quickly, have them prepared as if it were a speaking test. Some of the most frequently asked questions are:
- How do you define yourself? How do you define yourself?
- Why I should hire you?Why should I hire you?
- What is your interest in this job?
- What did you study? What did you study?
- What do you know about us?
- What are your favorite fields?
- Tell me about your responsibilities at your latest job: Tell me about the responsibilities of your last job.
- Are you interested in a full-time job?Or in a part-time job? Are you interested in a full-time job? Or part-time?
- Where do you think you’ll be in 5 years?
- Tell me about your latest work experience: Tell me about your last work experience
There are other questions more focused on your personal life, but they are most likely to be done:
- Do you live alone? Do you live alone?
- Have you got boyfriend / girlfriend? Do you have a boyfriend?
- Are you married or married?
- Have you got any children? Do you have children?
How to answer questions in the interview
The above questions can be made in many ways and you must know how to answer them well. For example, imagine telling you: Tell me about your life, to answer this question, use words like hardworking, responsible person…
If you are asked by your interest in the company and in the workplace, you can use phrases like: I think that I will fit perfectly in your company, I will feel proud to work in your company (I will feel proud to work at your company), I’m sure that I will be very helpful for your team (I’m sure it will be very useful for your computer).
Another frequent question is always: What are your strong points? (What are your strengths?) . When we are asked this question, it is time to breastfeed and demonstrates why we consider ourselves a competent person for that specific job, speaking of our professional and personal qualities.
To talk about your skills, some of the best talk to you for a job are: organized (organized), Perfectionist (Perfectionist), efficient (efficient), creative (creative), proactive (proactive), good at decision making or good at problem solving.
As for your weaknesses (What are your weak points), confess your more “normal” defects and which are less compromising, for example: I’m too perfectionist (I’m too perfectionist).
The money question is also missing: How much money do you want to earn? How much money do you want to earn? It’s not nice to talk about money ever, but it’s an important point in job interviews. The first thing to be clear is that it is always best to downplay the issue, instead, talks about challenges ( challenges ) and average wages usually paid in that -to put it should have studied before. So, a good answer would be: money is a secondary thing for me. I’m looking for a challenge.
Basic Tips for a Good Job Interview
There are things that do not depend on the language, remember the basic tips to overcome any interview, whether in the language that is. No matter how good your English is, you can mess up the mess if you do not follow the following basic recommendations:
- Find out everything you can from the company and the job you are applying for.Going well informed will help you to give better answers to questions like: why do you want to work in our company? Or what can you bring to this company?
- Memorize the name of your interviewer.
- Take a good lesson learned about your strengths and weaknesses, or your skills and knowledge.
- Always confirm your attendance.Even if they send you an email telling you the date and time, it is advisable that you reply to inform them that you will go.
- It arrives at least 5 minutes soon, although better if they are 15 to have time to relax or to go to the bathroom.What you can never do is arrive late and arrive on time is always a bit “fair”.
- Go alone or alone, never with your partner, brother or sister, mothers or fathers or friends.
- Always carry the resume with you, even when you know you already have it.
- Take care of your clothes, your hair and your appearance in general.You may be interested in our article how to dress for a job interview.
- When you interview with your partner, always talk to him or her (this is much simpler, since the same formula is used for you and you:you).
- Other tips are: do not sit until you are told, do not interrupt, keep the smile, look into the eyes, do not play with anything in your hands, maintain a good posture, always tell the truth, show enthusiasm for work …